Friday, August 07, 2009

I for ice-cream or iguana?

Back to your olden day now. How you learn "I" last time? Is it "I" for ice-cream? Right? Ya I believe majority of us learning this way.

Surprising, kiddos nowadays aren't. They learn : "I" for Iguana instead of ice-cream!! Frankly, I don't know what is the meaning of iguana at first. I need the silent teacher to tell me....hahahaha.....

Why they want to change from ice-cream to iguana? Don't you think ice-cream is so much easier to remember? Poor kids have to learn difficult wordings at early stage!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

because i in ice cream is not phonetically sound. I believe many schools are teaching the alphabets phonetically, the sound of "i" is "ee" as in iguana, itchy , igloo.

Mumsgather said...

Yah, Elaine is probably right but then ice-cream is so much nicer than iguana. Hahaha.