Wednesday, November 16, 2005

HK/Shenzhen/Guangzhou - Part V

27/10/2005 - 31/10/2005 At last I posted all my parts..hope you guys enjoy reading as well as enjoy viewing my photos ya.. ************* 27/10/2005, Thurdays morning, after checking out, we take bus to Guangzhou. It took 2 hrs. We no need to book hotel in GZ as we will stay in hubby's uncle house. Uncle’s house is a 2 room apartments, auntie reserve one room for 3 of us, then they share the room with the daughter, let's call her MJ! Uncle has 2 daughters only, another daughter stay in Hainan. Originally, uncle & auntie are from Hainan; they come to stay with MJ after she bought the apartment in GZ. They will only stay here few months, after that fly back to Hainan. Both of them are retired now, so can travel as and when they like. They are so happy when see us, me and Wien never meet them before, only ever saw their photos from email. But hubby went to their house few times during his past trips in China. That's why he can be our "half pail water" tour guide! They even prepared ang pow for me & hubby, as the belated wedding ang pow wor, then Wien & Lyon also got theirs, as the newborn greeting! How thoughtful they are!! MJ is a part time tour guide during weekend. Full time job is an editor( or writer) in a studio for Pre School Education CD. She gave Wein many CD which all done by her, all medium in Mandarin. Most of the time she is the one who brought us explore GZ. She even arranged one day local tour for us, to visit Panyu ( 番禹), places we go there are 宝墨园 ( very nice China garden style) & 广州番禹香江野生动物园(GZ Panyu’s Zoo, click here for more detail) Package price is RMB168 per pax, not including meal. Overall the tour worth it as the garden so nice and beautiful, plus the weather so cooling & windy. I like 宝墨园, quite a relaxing place, environment is good & the toilet is clean too! So far in my trip, I never come across any toilet that with half door or no door wan or just a "lokang"!! Here's toilet provide toilet paper too! I surprise too!! As far as I know, most some China toilet (except in restaurant) are either without toilet paper or no water. Therefore I did bring along my wet tissue. MJ told me there is a 5 star toilet here, so regret I never enter it & take a photo; cos when we passed by that toilet, we got no urgency to go. There are so many big fish(鲤鱼) along the park, when feed them with food (buy from there only), they will swim towards you in one big group. I believe if Wien terjatuh dalam kolam, sure kena makan by them!! That's why I hold her tight while she feed them. There is a wax museum too, displayed ancient times characters such as 包青天,皇帝, 皇后,宫女等等!Not bad though as compare to Madam Tussads! Panyu's zoo also big, cannot even finish walking all the places. The zoo has 2 sites for visiting; one site need the train ( or you can drive your own car enter this site, but must make prior arrangment first) to bring us around the zoo, where we can see those wild animals just beside us, but not allow feed them though. They call it 与兽同行!Same concept as our Safari JB, but now closed already due to poor management. Is a very good experience for Wien too, as she can see those animals clearly. Compare to Zoo Melaka, this zoo is much much interesting. The other site of the zoo need lot of walking, lot of shows too, those shows are presented by White Tiger, monkey, bear, etc. They specialty animals is White Tiger, which hardly found in other zoo. Can you see white tiger, same color with the rock la.. Orangutan with her baby asking for food from tourist.. Other places we went only more exciting for me only la I guess!! Those places are mainly for shopping purposes, such as 北京路,上下九路和天河广场。Most of the souvenirs I bought from here as it is dirt cheap as compare to HK..(so sorry as I din take photos on what I bought, and most of them already distributed out by now..)! I bought an imitake Minnie Mouse for Wien, only RBM35 for a 15" height MM. As those MM sold in HK Disneyland very expensive, HKD120 just for a 8" height, I dun think it is worth it to spend. What a stingy mummy ya...but I did buy her something from there la, a Winnie Pooh towel! She like it very much.. Wien with her China brand MM, white tiger bag & bear ( given by MJ, from her studio)

3 comments:

jazzmint said...

hehe..wah wien's cheeks like got blusher...very cute...and i spotted the white tiger kekekek

Annie said...

Thanks Jesslyn, I've been travelling thru ur eyes...

Jess said...

Jazz:
hehe, not blusher..but MJ apply make up for her, she damm "oi leng"!!

Annie:
Thanks for viewing ya..